Monday 29 July 2013

Washed my hair - bliss!

I last washed my hair a week ago tomorrow. Since then dry shampoo has been a godsend but I don't think I could have managed another hour, let alone day, without washing it properly.

I washed it this morning (over the bath) - total bliss - being very careful not to allow my torso to get wet.

I am a little (okay a lot) obsessive about my personal hygiene.  Not being able to shower or bathe was always going to be a serious challenge for me post-op.  I have been pleasantly surprised at how okay I am with only being able to strip wash my lower half and using wet wipes on my upper half.  I am getting through a pack of baby wipes every two days.  I am cleansing my entire body at least three times per day (so important to prevent bacteria building up on my skin and increasing the risk of infection of the wounds).

Not being able to wash my hair, however, has been much more of an imposition than not being able to shower or bathe.

In preparation for having surgery I bought an epilator - ordinarily I shave my body hair daily - I think that is the main reason being unable to shower hasn't caused me to go into complete OCD meltdown.  At least I am able to keep my legs and underarms hair free by running over them with the epilator every few days.

This is me - with clean hair - signing out for today :) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment