Thursday 25 July 2013

The morning after........


BP went low again overnight (I suspect because I was asleep) but that meant Obs taken regularly and being urged to drink more water (which meant lots of trips to bathroom: T-Rex style).  All in all not the most restful sleep I've ever had. 

I'm in a little more pain today (laying flatter to try and sleep almost certainly put pressure on the incision sites (especially the big ones in my boob crease). I also have a very sore throat :( (breathing tube obviously scraped my windpipe during the op). 

I cannot wait for the nurse to take the cannula out of my hand. I loathe them and it cannot be removed soon enough for my liking!

I was told I'd be discharged at 05.30 so I've been up, dressed and packed for an hour. I suspect the nurse meant 06.30; which would make more sense with transport arriving at 07.00. At least I'm moving around, drinking and the likes which should satisfy her desire for my BP to raise.

I hope they don't insist I stay because of it - I cannot wait to get home. 

My children now know I've had the procedure done; I didn't tell them ahead of time because I didn't want them to worry about the anaesthetic etc.   I talked to my daughter last night (as she was staying with friends) and hubby told my sons (they are 20, 17 and 14 respectively). 

Interestingly now I'm clothed my boobs look a lot smaller than when I arrived yesterday. Part of that will be the compression bra - but some will be down to having lost volume during the op.  

I'm thinking it might be difficult to hide from observant folk - my breasts get smaller overnight and then a couple of months later (when I have the implants) grow again!  Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.......... 

06.15





------------



On a very positive note today starts two whole weeks of R&R for me :). I run my own business and work 70hr+ weeks. I am so looking forward to not having anything I 'should' be doing other than resting, channelling my inner T-Rex, healing and trying to think up fitting names for my new titties :D







No comments:

Post a Comment