Sunday 21 July 2013

Three days to surgery........

I'm starting to feel anxious.  The thought of my boobies being sliced with a scalpel and stitched back together in a new configuration is a tad perturbing.

Don't get me wrong - I can't wait for it to be done. I am, however, not looking forward to the procedure(s) and to the healing.  I'd be a very happy bunny if I could skip the next few months and just be at the stage where both procedures are complete and healing well underway :).

I'm taking arnica during in this week proceeding the surgery (at suggestion of my Patient Care Coordinator) as it is supposed to help to minimise swelling and bruising. Part of me thinks homeopathy is total nonsense, however I figure it cannot hurt and I intend to follow my surgeons advice to the letter. Even the bit about needing two weeks off work post surgery (I run my own business and ordinarily do not do time off!)

I will take some "before" photos later and post them on here. I hope to be able to post daily photos charting the healing of the sutures etc. I guess that will depend upon what dressings are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment