Sunday 28 July 2013

Disastrous morning walk with dog :(

Firstly he rolled in fox poo!!  I cannot shower him off due to likelihood of my getting the dressings wet (and with such undesirable water!).  Fortunately two of my children were home when we returned and they sorted him out.

Secondly - and much, much, worse - on the way home (with him on the lead) he saw a cat only 6ft away and bolted toward it.  I reflexively grabbed his lead and tried to hold him back.  He is a very big and strong chocolate lab and my arms took an awful lot of strain......

......PAIN!!!  Like my stitches were bursting open.  So bad it made me cry actual tears (although part of that might have been the panic I was feeling).  I was terrified my wounds had been torn open :(

When I got home I had a look - such a relief not to see lots of blood - The pain has lessened a lot now.  I'm left with a burning sensation.  I'm going to take it VERY easy for the rest of today.


My gorgeous puppy - who is today in disgrace........



UPDATE:

I'm now two hours on from the incident and the pain has lessened a lot (relief!!).  There is some evidence of blood underneath the dressings - doesn't look like an excessive bleed (thankfully).

I will be resting up for today and checking my breasts regularly.

Feeling very cross with myself - I've almost certainly set my healing back by days :(  BOO ME!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment