Wednesday 24 July 2013

On the ward now :)

I've been brought up to the ward by Sharon, who will be looking after me today.  She asked me to shower (removing all deodorant, creams, make-up etc.), to put on the sexy surgical gown and gorgeous paper knickers ;)

She also asked me to provide a urine sample but I totally forgot to pee in the pot!  I'm desperately hoping the urge to pee will happen soon so I can provide a sample before she comes back to 'book me in'.   Nurses scare me a bit.......



View from my room


I have a private en-suite room with large flat screen television and wifi access. All is well :)

---------------

My anaesthetist has just been to see me and done his pre-op stuff; and nurse Sally has booked me in, measured me for the oh so flattering surgical stockings and asked all of the questions they need to go through.

I am allergic to iodine (very) and I am a little anxious to ensure that I don't come into contact with it during surgery.  Iodine causes serious burns to my skin, allergic skin reaction for months following exposure and blistering under any dressings that are applied.  At least I think it is the iodine + dressings that causes the blistering; if it is the dressings alone then I am in trouble as I will have a lot of dressings post surgery.  We have agreed to go ahead with the dressings (as alternatives are not really appropriate for the kind of surgery I'm having - keeping the wounds covered, clean and dry is essential post-op) and I will keep a close eye on my skin to ensure I am not reacting to the adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment