Tuesday 30 July 2013

Today I have been mostly resting; I've felt weary all day.......


......and tired, and achy.  My boobs have been sore; the areas where, I imagine, the wounds are have been burning and I've been experiencing stabbing pains inside both breasts (possibly the nerves beginning to reconnect). I'm thinking the discomfort is potentially good news as it probably indicates post-op numbness is wearing off.....??

I've been aching elsewhere too (back, hips, legs, neck) - almost certainly due to sleeping on my back night after night with little movement and being so immobile for much of the time. 

Possibly connected to the hike in soreness is the fact that I have felt drained all day (although BP dips are probably partly responsible - I must have drunk my own body weight in water and tea today!!)

I spent much of the day sitting on the sofa watching television and surfing t'internet - the time was not wasted however as I found a really good support forum .  It is a very friendly site and a fount of information regarding breast surgery and recovery. I wish I'd looked for such a forum sooner.

In the few hours I've been looking around there and familiarising myself with the site I have discovered so much; for example:
  • to keep my new boobs in their best 'shape' it is a good idea for me to sleep in a sports bra even after I am fully healed;
  • and the additional use of a kush will be even more beneficial;
  • ice packs are excellent for reducing swelling, pain relief and combatting itching;
  • to place the ice pack in a freezer bag to ensure my wounds remain dry;
  • once I am able to shower a separate towel to pat my breasts dry is a good idea (to reduce risk of infection);
  • and to use my hair-dryer on cold setting to ensure incision sites are completely dry;
  • after showering, and drying, it is a good idea to open a window and lie topless on the bed for 30minutes to allow fresh air to get to skin (to promote healing).





Flowers that my best girlfriend gave me at the weekend are opening
 beautifully to reveal glorious blood-red blooms 



No comments:

Post a Comment