Saturday 11 January 2014

One day post surgery.......


I'm home and resting.  I left Dolan Park at 9am after Mr Russo 'popped' in for a minute to have a look.  He seemed very pleased with the results and said "that's what you wanted yes?"  I said there was clearly a lot of swelling and they needed to settle.  He seemed to think not!!!  God I hope so.  I'll be devastated if my titties end up looking like this!

Mr Russo was clearly harassed and in a rush.  He did say that the 'squareness' at the base will round off. 

The augmentation has exaggerated the difference in the size of my breasts (annoyingly the right breast that Mr Russo reduced in July is the smaller and less nicely shaped).


One day post BA


I very much hope that, as I heal, the right breast does not retain this indentation at the base.



Right Breast




Left Breast


I know that my breasts will settle, that swelling will reduce and the implants will soften.  I wish Mr Russo had reassured me of such.  I experience him as so very changeable - very moody - and today he was clearly not in a good mood (maybe he wanted me to be thrilled with the way my breasts look currently and - for obvious reasons - I'm not) .  

Ironic that he was the one who was sullen, since it was me who had been delayed 2 hours for him to spend no more than a minute with me.

Once Mr Russo left I had my drains removed.  Not a pleasant sensation but not exactly painful.  The drain was pushed right into my breast, with approx. 20cm of tubing under my skin, that was a revelation to me.

I'm cross with myself because the nurse who removed the drains did not maintain sterile gloves and I did not challenge her.  She put on gloves and removed the dressings covering the right drain.  Having removed that drain she applied another dressing (touching the sterile area having already touched the old dressing and the wrapping of the new dressing).  As she pushed the trolley around to the other side the drain she had already removed fell on the floor, 3 times, and she picked it up each time.  She then removed the left drain - wearing the same gloves!!

The driver who brought me home in July brought me home today.  I like him very much.  Such interesting conversations all the way and he drives at a reasonable pace.  Got me home in a little over 2 hours (took 3 hours to get there with driver who was much, much slower!)







No comments:

Post a Comment