Friday 10 January 2014

Back from theatre.........


.........and feeling pretty good considering. 

My estimate was spookily accurate. As I was wheeled back into my room and my bed positioned the nurse asked if I had a mobile phone.  She handed me my phone, so I could iMessage my darling hufband and let him know I was back from theatre and going to snooze, the time was 11.59.

As expected my BP has been low but, unlike in July, has been coming up slowly (in July it did the opposite).  I have been in and out of sleep all afternoon - the drugs they gave me have induced a very pleasant floaty / yummy post-op experience.  Not an altogether unpleasant way to spend a Friday afternoon :D

My experience of being in recovery couldn't have been more different to last time (when I was very alert and chatty). I was fully aware of the lovely woman (Catherine) who was caring for me talking and asking me questions; I was forming responses in my head but know I didn't speak them out loud. I was very, very cold (teeth chatteringly cold) and she put a warm air blower under my blankets (it looked like an old-fashioned extraction hose from a tumble dryer).  It warmed me wonderfully and I was bereft when they removed it to bring me back to the ward.

The nurses put my compression bra on as soon as I arrived back on the ward but I have just sneakily unfastened it to take a couple of snaps. I'm laying on the bed so angle not the best but should give an impression at this very early stage. 



3 hours post augmentation surgery




side view






No comments:

Post a Comment