Saturday 11 January 2014

Awaiting Mr Russo at Dolan Park........


.......once he has arrived and seen me (and his other patients I guess). I will have the drains removed and will be able to go home.

The poor driver has been sent away by the nurses (he was booked for 7am) and is now having to hang around waiting to take me home.  Not a lot of fun for him. I guess he drove someone in early this morning and only after dropping me home will get to clock off. 

I'm feeling okay. Got some sleep. Not a lot but that's to be expected.

Have had some painkillers this morning as my breasts were very achy when I woke up. Anticipating the drive home (and my ouchie, ouchie experience post-uplift of cars) I thought it pertinent to utilize the strong painkillers the hospital administer. I have been given some co-codamol to take home - the nurse told me they are not as strong as the ones she gave me at 06.30 this morning. 

Also taking anti-biotics for the next week to stave off any potential infection.




INSTRUCTIONS FROM NURSE:


  • Post-op bra to be worn - day and night - for 6 weeks.
  • Need to keep dressings / wounds dry for at least a week (until after my first wound-check appointment with nurse). 
  • Not to lift anything heavy or to stretch my arms above my head for a couple of weeks. 
  • Change bra daily and keep breasts clean and dry.










No comments:

Post a Comment