Friday 10 January 2014

I've arrived at Dolan Park.........



.......... operation TT-MkIII is happening and it's happening TODAY!!

Paul, THG driver, picked me up at 04.15 this morning. Arrived at Dolan Park at 06.45.

I'm sitting in reception waiting to be admitted. It is very chilly - brrrr (bitter cold outside and whenever someone arrives, or leaves, the doors open and admit a blast of freezing air).

I'm feeling: thirsty, cold, anxious, tired and tense.

Looking forward to getting to my room so I can relax and get myself into the right headspace for surgery day.

The reception at DP is a fascinating place. I'm always curious about what people are in for (and what those who are leaving have had done). Sometimes it is fairly obvious, often not. Lots of 'beautiful people' here.

I'll update when I'm on the ward.

X



No comments:

Post a Comment