Friday 10 January 2014

I have drains in both breasts.........


............which makes trips to the toilet somewhat challenging.   Focusing on not bearing weight on my arms (telling myself to "think T-Rex") and taking care with regard to BP (not moving altitude too rapidly) whilst gathering the flasks that the blood is draining into from each side of the bed requires a 'procedure'.  I think I've mastered it though :). As long as I decide to 'go' 5 minutes before I 'need' to 'go' all is well. 

Actually I think perhaps a trip to the bathroom is pertinent right now.  Back in a mo..........

I have opted to just wear my pj bottoms and compression bra - so as not to risk 'catching' and/or 'pulling' the drains which aren't stitched in.  Not stitching them in will ease removal tomorrow morning. 

My nurse, Nadine, is very happy with the small amount of blood draining into the flasks.  It doesn't look like "nothing" to me but that's how she describes it "oh good there is nothing in there - that's excellent". 




Drain - preventing excess blood build up









No comments:

Post a Comment