Friday 9 August 2013

Yesterday was tough.......

I was back to work and had a very long day.  4 hour round trip drive to deliver a training day.  The training delivery I took in my stride, but the driving was not fun!

The vibrations, the seat belt, the steering and gear changes - ow, ow, ow, ow :(  At times my boobies felt like they were coming apart at the seams!  Painkillers were required.

I drove much of the way with my right breast in my left hand trying to add extra support and to comfort myself.

I was also very worried about the fact that my wound was still oozing amber coloured liquid.  I was afraid that maybe I had the beginnings of an infection.  I post on Breast Buddies forum for advice and the wonderful women on there offered reassurance and, at lunchtime, I phoned THG and Caroline (the nurse I saw on Tuesday) called me back.

She was very supportive and said, from what I described, she was not concerned and she suspected she had disturbed the healing when she removed the steri-strips and, more so when she snipped the end of the suture thread.  She recalled that the thread nearest to where I was getting the discharge from had been tricky to cut.

She very much encouraged me to shower (I told her I hadn't because of the oozing and my concern about not being water-tight).  







I came home and showered - it was a disconcerting experience allowing the water to spray on my poor mutilated breasts!  I pat my breasts dry with a separate towel to the one I used for the rest of my body, used a hairdryer on 'cool' to ensure the wounds were properly dry and I lay on my bed for half an hour allowing the air to get to my wounds.

I put on a sports bra (much more comfortable and flattering than the Macom compression bra) and went out with a couple of girlfriends (Nandos then cinema).

When I got home I checked and there had been no oozing - YAY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment