Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day 13 post surgery.......



.........and I am feeling RAW!



Today was my second wound-check appointment and the nurse removed all of the steri-strips.  OUCHIE!!

This first picture is my breasts this morning before my appointment at the clinic.





13 days post-op




After my appointment at the clinic I went shopping with my eldest and youngest children (to buy my other son's birthday present - he turns 18 tomorrow and an iPad needed to be purchased from the APPLE store :) ).  

My breasts were feeling very sore as we walked around (I was thankful that the nurse had placed gauze between my wounds and my bra).  

I was acutely aware that my breasts were sewn together  :(  The best way I can describe the sensation is that I felt as if I had big cuts across my chest (which - of course - I do).

Part way around IKEA I looked down and saw I had blood on my top........

Oh my; I was bleeding!  And it was seeping through the gauze and my bra and my top.  I kept very calm (I had my 20 year old daughter and 14 year old son with me and didn't want to frighten them) but inside I was really shaken up.  

At the earliest opportunity I headed to the toilets to take a look and to add more gauze - I was bleeding from the point where the bottom of my areola meets the vertical incision on my right breast.  I used my phone to get a close look and could see the nurse had pulled off a scab and that the bleeding wasn't serious (phew!!).






Eeeekkkk!  Nipples aren't supposed to bleed!!!!!!





When I got home I took a couple of snaps.  I had become used to how my breasts look with the steri-strips on.  These pics are again putting me in mind of post-mortems - *shudder*!!

On the plus side the bruising is really fading now (hopefully I can see more positives tomorrow....?)









Day 13 post-op with steri-strips removed






Close-up of wounds





No comments:

Post a Comment