Sunday 4 August 2013

Weekend away - with long(ish) car journeys.......

Walk with dogs and a delightful little girl this morning
Hubby and I went to visit his cousin (and family) overnight. They live approximately a 2.5hour drive away. Husband drove with me in the passenger seat. I only have a small car (FIAT 500) and it is not the smoothest of rides. On the way up yesterday I needed to take paracetamol; and 4 hourly for the rest of the day.

The vibrations of the car made my breasts ache; and pot holes, and poorly maintained roads were out and out painful! I was also a much more anxious passenger than usual (to the irritation of my hubby) pointing out when the traffic ahead was braking and asking hubby to back off from cars infront - I kept having to remind him that if he had to brake heavily, or suddenly, that would be very painful for me.....

I felt much more comfortable when I placed a pillow between myself and the seat belt but still felt excessively protective of my breasts.

Yesterday was a very long day and spent walking or sitting on hard upright dining chairs and/or garden chairs. I found myself getting very uncomfortable at times (breasts and arms aching). Sleeping arrangements were not conducive to great comfort either.

The trip was planned before I booked my operation but if I had the choice I would not have planned such a trip so close to my op.

I'm now home; and very tired and achy :(  I will take more pain relief now.  I should have taken some before I got into the car for the journey home.

Rest is in order me thinks.





Bedfordshire 9.30am today




No comments:

Post a Comment