Friday 2 August 2013

Day nine post surgery........

.........and I'm feeling sore and 'fragile'.

My skin feels as sore/tender as it did immediately post-surgery (possibly more so).  I imagine it is partly to do with the process involved in pulling the dressings and steri-strips off my skin.  Part of it may well be psychosomatic in that my brain now has an image of the wounds and is finding it more difficult to 'tune out' the pain messages being sent to it.

The pain is such that I have just taken a couple of co-codamol (the only pain relief I have taken since the op was three doses of co-codamol the day after surgery).  I am planning a restful day on the sofa.  

The lack of dressings has made my breasts feel much less 'secure' and way more 'fragile'.  Like they could 'burst open' if I don't take extra special care.  I'm very much appreciating my compression bra right now: I've done it up onto the tighter fastening, and I am being much more cautious about what I do (for example asking my family to lift things I was lifting without concern with the dressings on a few days ago).


On the plus side I can see that the bruising and swelling has already lessened since yesterday and my wounds appear to be healing well.





Day nine post-op





Wounds from underneath


The incision that runs horizontally under both breasts is the one that is most painful (especially between my breasts).  I am being careful to ensure my bra finishes a good 2 inches below that scar to prevent any rubbing against it.  







Close up of right breast vertical wound




The vertical scar on my left breast appears to be the least neat of them all and it isn't too shabby in my opinion - I am hopeful of a good outcome with regard to the scarring i will be left with *fingers crossed*.





Left side





Right side

No comments:

Post a Comment