Saturday 3 August 2013

Day 10 post surgery..........

..........and I am feeling less sore and 'fragile' than yesterday.

My breasts are feeling very tender and hyper-sensitive.  I have noticed that I often hold my right breast with my left hand (with arm held close to my body) if I am walking around the house.  I am not consciously deciding to do it but I suspect it is a protective gesture: extra support maybe but also, I'm sure, preventing anybody else from bumping or brushing against me.

Hubby and I are going to visit his cousin and family today (overnight until tomorrow evening) and, although I would not ordinarily have chosen for them to know (I have met his cousin once and the rest of the family never), I asked husband to message them yesterday just stating I had a breast op and am feeling very fragile.  The thought of arriving and being enveloped in a hug hello is repellant to me right now (ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!!)

Having said that I am really missing being able to have a cuddle with hubby :(  I adore big bear hugs from him but right now - and for the foreseeable - that simply cannot happen.  I had not anticipated this very unwelcome consequence of having breast surgery.

No sex since my op either - both of us are struggling with that.  I really didn't think these consequences through - not at all - before surgery!  I'm sure we could have sex (as in there is no medical reason why not) but I am feeling so sore and I guess I'm concerned about how my poor battered breasts and nipples will cope if/when I am very sexually aroused.  Not feeling very alluring right now either!!


------------




Boob update:

Bruising has visibly faded since yesterday.  Wounds are also looking much less angry and sore :)

The most uncomfortable area is directly in the middle of the horizontal incision - part of that might be the steri-strip that can 'dig in' when my compression bra is pushing my breasts together.




10 days post-surgery






Left breast






Right breast

No comments:

Post a Comment